Promoting education with a special focus on science, technology, engineering and math
STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
The Oratorical Scholarship Competition provides scholarships to college-bound high school seniors of African descent within the Northern Virginia area who have excelled academically and plan to pursue a college degree or post-secondary technical training. Each year a theme is chosen as it relates to current or future international or domestic causes/efforts/social climate.
We encourage all eligible seniors to apply for this scholarship. For more information on our oratorical scholarship please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023-2024 COMPETITION THEME
“CHARCTER THROUGH ACTS OF KINDNESS”
- Must be of African-descent and high school senior attending a public or private high school in the Northern Virginia area and residing in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax County, or Falls Church.
- Must submit an official high school transcript
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be planning to apply to an accredited institution of post-secondary education for the 2023-24 academic year
- Must submit a one paragraph biography. Tell us who you are, how you see yourself, what motivates you and how will you navigate moving from high school to college.
- Completed scholarship application, postmarked or emailed by Saturday, February 4, 2023 (Grammatically correct and legible)
- High school senior
- Official high school transcript
- Minimal GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completed essay of 500-525 words, double-spaced, 12 pt. font
- Photo – Please attach a recent professional photograph (acceptable formats-PDF, JPG,or TIFF) of student to this application.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online @ http://bit.ly/3hFbN8G or Download and complete the application.
- Return the completed application via email to NoVANCNWScholar@gmail.com or postmarked regular mail by Saturday, February 4, 2023 to NoVA Section of NCNW. Inc P. O. Box 119, Merrifield, VA 22116 .
- Applications that are not fully completed will not be considered.
- You will be notified no later than Friday, February 12, 2023, if you are selected.
- Awarded funds will be sent directly to the University/College/Trade school of choice.
- Please provide an Acceptance Letter no less than 30 days after making your final decision to the Scholarship Committee Chair for processing.
- Competition will be held Saturday, February 25, 2023. FREE ONLINE EVENT.
- For more information contact us at NoVANCNWScholar@gmail.com or (703)-829-7449
NoVA NCNW IN THE COMMUNITY